|Role||Account Manager - North & Scotland|
|Reports to||Independent Channel Head|
About Union Hand-Roasted Coffee
What does Union mean? It’s about working together, in partnership with coffee farmers worldwide as well as with our trade customers and coffee drinkers at home. This is what our founders, Jeremy Torz and Steven Macatonia, have been doing since Union was founded in 2001.
The main aim that Union was founded on has remained the same since day one: to encourage farmers to produce high-quality coffee by paying sustainable prices. Since then, Union has witnessed the extra income from this trading model help improve the livelihoods of farmers, and further encourage them to keep raising the quality of their coffee all over the world. We call this sourcing philosophy Union Direct Trade - which won The Queen’s Award for Enterprise in 2017.
We work with over 40 producer partners in 14 countries, and bring their speciality coffee into our roastery, where we craft-roast our coffees in small batches. This roasting has won us several awards, most recently Best European Speciality Coffee Roaster in 2018. We’re proud roasters for some of Britain’s finest cafes and restaurants and hotels.
Our team of Unionistas consists of around 70 people passionate about coffee, and most of this smiley bunch are based in East London, at our roastery (yes, it does smell like coffee!). At the office, you’ll also find a very important member of the team, Jeremy & Steven’s dog, Casper, who visits the roastery regularly.
What you will be doingThis role is mainly account management and new business focussed within the Northern cities of Manchester, Leeds, Liverpool etc but will be required to cover the whole of the Northern region of the UK including Scotland.
The candidate must also have the barista skills available to throw themselves into new openings, training support and various events around the whole country so a knowledge and understanding of the speciality coffee scene would be preferable.
They will also require the ability to operate within varying styles of businesses, from independent cafes and high-end restaurants to multi-site operations and large independent hotels.
• Some previous experience or knowledge of the speciality coffee industry
• An Interest and knowledge of the North of England’s foodservice and hospitality industry
• A good level of Barista skills
• Some sales experience, preferably within the UK Horeca sector
• A Personable and Consultative sales approach
• An organised, efficient and proactive way of working
• An exciting role with the opportunity for growth within a nationwide speciality coffee roaster
• The opportunity to develop your knowledge within the wider UK speciality coffee scene
• The chance to be an active part of Union’s success in spreading the love of speciality coffee and the pioneering work within the Union direct trade model.
• A competitive salary and bonus scheme with achievable OTE’s , company car or car allowance and 25 days annual leave.
You’ll be part of our team helping us grow, in the right way – upholding our ethics and values, and having some fun on the way.
We are an equal opportunities employer and believe that diversity is a strength.
If you think you like the sound of this role and fit the description, we’d love to hear from you. Please send your cover and CV to email@example.com