| Job Title
||Account Manager, Wholesale (Maternity Cover)|
|Location||Based in the South East, preferably Sussex/Surrey or surrounding counties.|
|Start Date||September 2021|
We are looking for a capable and enthusiastic Account Manager based in the South East for a 9-12 month (TBC) maternity cover. You will be looking after our Southern ledger, maintaining relationships with Union’s longstanding independent customers in the territory, delivering great customer service, ensuring high coffee standards and driving sales growth.
About Union Hand-Roasted Coffee
What does Union mean? It’s about working together, in partnership with coffee farmers worldwide as well as with our trade customers and coffee drinkers at home. This is what our founders, Jeremy Torz and Steven Macatonia, have been doing since Union was founded in 2001.
The main aim that Union was founded on has remained the same since day one: to encourage farmers to produce high-quality coffee by paying sustainable prices. Since then, Union has witnessed the extra income from this trading model help improve the livelihoods of farmers, and further encourage them to keep raising the quality of their coffee all over the world. We call this sourcing philosophy Union Direct Trade - which won The Queen’s Award for Enterprise in 2017.
We work with over 40 producer partners in 14 countries, and bring their speciality coffee into our roastery, where we craft-roast our coffees in small batches. This roasting has won us several awards, most recently Best European Speciality Coffee Roaster in 2018. We’re proud roasters for some of Britain’s finest cafes and restaurants, as well as supplying to retailers to sell to home consumers. Our coffee is also available roasted fresh to order for coffee drinkers at home via our online shop. You can also find us up in our own cafe, Union Brew Lab, in the centre of Edinburgh and in all British Airways First, Club Europe and Club World flights and UK lounges.
We are passionate about high-quality coffee and want to convert the world to the joys of speciality, one cup at a time. We aren’t snobbish. We aren’t faddy. We don’t mind how much or how little our customers know about coffee. We just want to make sure that we give them the tools and the benefit of our years of experience to make the best cup of coffee they could at home. We’re here to help educate everyone about the joys of a great cup of coffee.
Our team of Unionistas consists of around 70 people passionate about coffee, and most of this smiley bunch are based in East London, at our roastery (yes, it does smell like coffee!).
- Hitting and exceeding the budgeted revenue for the ledger
- Accountable for the forecasting and budgeting (sales and spend) of the ledger
- Define and execute 12 months plans for key customers on ledger
- Pro-active problem solving for our customers to deliver best in class account management
- Identify opportunities within existing accounts to grow sales and improve margins
- Communicate to customers all NPD launches, new micro-lots, teas, alt-milks etc. and secure new listings
- Understand our machine range and sell equipment best suited to customers needs, while also serving as additional revenue stream to grow ledger
- Maintain a pro-active new business pipeline aligned to company strategy, winning new customers to grow sustainable sales revenue
- Ensure customers are beacons for Union, taking pride in serving great quality coffee and working on market leading equipment
- Utilise training, marketing and service functions to support our customers and secure the business
- Champion Union’s mission to share the joy of speciality coffee
You'll have:Essential experience:
- Hitting and beating sales targets within FMCG
- 2+ year Foodservice account management
- Proficient in sales and negotiation
- Commercially literate
- Full UK Driving Licence
- 3+ years working in coffee
- SCA coffee qualifications
You will be:An experienced Account Manager who understands and can demonstrate success in autonomously managing a ledger of accounts to grow sales and deliver on set business objectives. The right individual will be proactive and able to manage their own time efficiently to achieve sales targets and exceed customer expectations.
They will need to have a mix of skills, being both commercially literate and able to build collaborative relationships with a diverse mix of business owners, managers and baristas. Business development is key to this role, so the right candidate will demonstrate entrepreneurial flair and tenacity in their approach. While previous coffee experience is not essential, a passion for quality coffee is a must.
- An exciting role with the opportunity for growth.
- 25 days of annual leave + Bank Holidays.
- A great, agile team to work with, with a chance to push your ideas through to execution.
- The opportunity to be an active part of Union’s success in spreading the love for speciality coffee.
- Coffee training and knowledge.
- Great coffee to drink at work – and free coffee to take home!
You’ll be part of our team helping us grow, in the right way – upholding our ethics and values, and having some fun on the way.
We are an equal opportunities employer and believe that diversity is a strength.
If you like the sound of this role and fit the description, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org before the 13th of August 2021. Please note that while we will try to respond to all applications, sometimes the sheer volume of responses means we can only focus on successful applicants. If your application is successful one of the team will be in touch to arrange an initial conversation before the 26th of July!