| Job Title
||Service Desk Co-Ordinator|
|Reporting into||Machinery, Service & Procurement Manager|
About Union Hand-Roasted Coffee
What does Union mean? It’s about working together, in partnership with coffee farmers worldwide as well as with our trade customers and coffee drinkers at home. This is what our founders, Jeremy Torz and Steven Macatonia, have been doing since Union was founded in 2001.
The main aim that Union was founded on has remained the same since day one: to encourage farmers to produce high-quality coffee by paying sustainable prices. Since then, Union has witnessed the extra income from this trading model help improve the livelihoods of farmers, and further encourage them to keep raising the quality of their coffee all over the world. We call this sourcing philosophy Union Direct Trade - which won The Queen’s Award for Enterprise in 2017.
We work with over 40 producer partners in 14 countries, and bring their speciality coffee into our roastery, where we craft-roast our coffees in small batches. This roasting has won us several awards, most recently Best European Speciality Coffee Roaster in 2018. We’re proud roasters for some of Britain’s finest cafes and restaurants, as well as supplying to retailers to sell to home consumers. Our coffee is also available roasted fresh to order for coffee drinkers at home via our online shop. In 2019, we introduced our latest innovation, Sparkling Black, a refreshing ready to drink cold brew. You can also find us up in our own cafe, Union Brew Lab, in the centre of Edinburgh.
We are passionate about high-quality coffee. We want to convert the world to the joys of speciality, one cup at a time. We aren’t snobbish. We aren’t faddy. We don’t mind how much or how little our customers know about coffee. We just want to make sure that we give them the tools and the benefit of our years of experience to make the best cup of coffee they could at home. We’re here to help educate everyone about the joys of a great cup of coffee.
Our team of Unionistas consists of around 70 people passionate about coffee, and most of this smiley bunch are based in East London, at our roastery (yes, it does smell like coffee!). At the office, you’ll also find a very important member of the team, Jeremy & Steven’s dog, Casper, who visits the roastery regularly.
What will you be doing?
- Answering customer service/fault calls
- Liaise with external engineers in regards to making bookings and finding out availability
- Troubleshoot machine and grinder issues over the phone where possible
- Create service cases via the Service Manager Programme
- Invoicing all completed service work
- Ensure all job sheets are received from external engineers when a service call is completed
- Work alongside account managers on service contracts and pricing
- Maintain customers service systems (i.e Pronett, Bellrock)
- Previous customer service experience
- Interest in coffee industry
- Organisational skills
- Process driven
- Be keen to learn
(preferable not essential)
- Experience using servicing programmes
- Coffee and machine knowledge
- Experience using Sage 200
- An exciting role with the opportunity for growth
- The opportunity to develop your knowledge in events and social media
- Great team to work with
- The chance to be an active part of union’s success in spreading the love of speciality coffee
- Coffee training and knowledge
- Great coffee to drink at work – and free coffee to take home!
You’ll be part of our team helping us grow, in the right way – upholding our ethics and values, and having some fun on the way.
We are an equal opportunities employer and believe that diversity is a strength. If you think you like the sound of this role and fit the description, we’d love to hear from you.
Please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com.