| Job Title
||National Account Manager (NAM) – Contract Catering|
|Reporting To||Head of Wholesale|
|Salary||Competitive + Car Allowance|
|Location||Partly at our Roastery in London (E16) / Partly in the field (inside/outside London territory)|
About Union Hand-Roasted Coffee
Hello, we’re Union Hand-Roasted Coffee – a proud B Corp and the UK’s leading speciality coffee roaster. We source high-quality coffee direct from farmers in 14 countries via our pioneering model, Union Direct Trade. We roast all of our coffee on-site at our East London roastery and distribute to cafes, retailers and homes across the UK for coffee lovers to enjoy.
We are focused on quality and sustainability across everything we do. In 2022, we certified as a B Corporation, an extremely exciting step for us. But that’s not all! Our sourcing model won The Queen’s Award for Enterprise in 2017 and 2022, and to date, we’ve had a positive impact on over 65,000 coffee farmers and their families.
We’re proud roasters for some of Britain’s finest cafes and restaurants, as well as supplying to retailers to sell to home consumers. Our coffee is also available roasted fresh to order for coffee drinkers at home via our online shop. You can also find us up in our own cafe, Union Brew Lab, in the centre of Edinburgh.
Our inclusive, diverse team of Unionistas consists of around 70 people – a smiley bunch of people passionate about coffee, mostly based at our East London roastery. Yes, it does smell like coffee!
As a B Corporation, Union places great emphasis on building a people-centric culture. Every Unionista is expected to fully embrace our values and demonstrate these in everything that they do. In doing so we believe that we can build a brighter future for all. These values are:
- Work as one. We value teamwork and respect each other
- Wow them. We want to do the best for our customers
- Keep learning and sharing. We want to continuously strive for excellence and share this with others
- Just brew it. We value entrepreneurial attitude and 'getting things done'
- Enjoy it. We want to spread the joy of coffee
- Do the right thing. For everyone in our Union - from farmers to suppliers to Unionistas in the roastery and our environment
What you will be doing:
You will be a key member of the Commerical team, with a remit to drive Union’s Contract Catering channel, maintaining close working relationships at all levels with both the caterers and their clients. The NAM will also act as the primary point of contact for all internal communication to other departments at Union – training, marketing, production, etc.
The NAM will have ownership and accountability for the channel P&L, ensuring budgets are not only delivered but exceeded each quarter. The NAM will be responsible for both the development and delivery of joint business plans to drive sales, quality and brand presence at site level.
The role will also involve the management of Key Account Executive(s), ensuring best-in-class site-level support is provided by Union through tastings, training, events and more. The NAM will also oversee their ongoing professional development.
Our brand partnership with British Airways also sits on this ledger and is managed by the NAM.
In addition, you will:
- Work closely with the Head of Wholesale to develop 12-month joint business plans for each caterer to drive sales, maintain high coffee standards, implement contact strategies and enhance site-level engagement through marketing and events
- Lead and oversee the high-level commercial, terms and business planning relationships with all accounts. Financial modelling on customer terms and deals – always bringing solutions and looking to maintain/improve margin
- Develop strategic training & development programs, alongside the Head of Training & Development, instilling strong coffee culture, team structures and a passion for Union coffee
- Manage the effective deployment of the Key Account Executive(s) (KAE) to be the face of Union at site level - ensuring engagement and loyalty for Union from client stakeholders
- Lead new business strategy both with winning new caterers, and also growing our market share within existing accounts through networking, pitches, tastings, etc
- Hit and exceed the budgeted revenue for the channel and to be accountable for the forecasting and budgeting (sales and spend) across the team
- Be responsible for operational planning and support with events and new site launches, often to tight deadlines
- This role is very much hands-on and given the nature of the job, some non-core hours (i.e evening and weekend work) will be required in order to meet customer demand.
The successful candidate will have significant experience in Foodservice in account management, ideally across a variety of businesses and channels including Contract Catering and National Accounts. In addition, they will:
- Consistently demonstrates hitting and beating sales targets within FMCG
- Be a self-starter who focuses on generating opportunities and outcomes
- Have experience building and delivering winning Joint Business Plans
- Have excellent interpersonal skills to deal with challenging situations and relationships with key stakeholders
- Have experience managing and developing others
- Be proficient in annual sales forecasting and management
- Be fully commercially literate
- Have a full, clean, driving licence valid for use in the UK and use of a car
- Be able to travel throughout the UK
- Blue-chip sales and negotiation training/experience, previous experience working in coffee and SCA coffee qualifications would be desirable but not essential
- Great, agile team to work with
- The chance to be an active part of Union’s success in spreading the love of speciality coffee
- Lots of holiday – with 25 days of holiday plus the usual bank holidays
- Generous sick pay – with enhanced sick leave and pay if you need to take time out
- Fantastic support for parents - enhanced family/dependant leave and pay allowances
- Support for your future – access to our workplace pension scheme from day one
- Support with travel – access to our Cycle to Work scheme / Electric Car Scheme
- Free breakfast – and endless great coffee to drink at work
- Staff discounts - and free sample coffees to take home!
- Time to give and support our communities – with paid time off for volunteering
You’ll be part of our team helping us grow, in the right way – upholding our ethics and values and having some fun on the way.
We are an equal opportunities employer and believe that diversity is a strength. We really care about creating a diverse and inclusive team and we welcome people from all backgrounds, with different perspectives, ideas and experiences to work with us. In our team, everyone has the freedom to give their opinion, grow in their career and be part of a genuinely caring and inclusive team.
If you think you like the sound of this role and fit the description, we’d love to hear from you.
If you like the sound of this role and fit the description, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that while we will try to respond to all applications, sometimes the sheer volume of responses means we can only focus on successful applicants. If your application is successful one of the team will be in touch to arrange an initial conversation.