| Job Title
|Reporting To||Operations Director|
|Hours||Full Time (45 hours / week)|
|Location||Based in the roastery:
7a South Crescent, E16 4TL London (Star Lane DLR)
Are you a team player who loves to go the extra mile to offer support? Do you know how to plan the most efficient production process and ensure that we do not run out of stock.
About Union Hand-Roasted Coffee
What does Union mean? It’s about working together, in partnership with coffee farmers worldwide as well as with our trade customers and coffee drinkers at home. This is what our founders, Jeremy Torz and Steven Macatonia, have been doing since Union was founded in 2001.
The main aim that Union was founded on has remained the same since day one: to encourage farmers to produce high-quality coffee by paying sustainable prices. Since then, Union has witnessed the extra income from this trading model help improve the livelihoods of farmers, and further encourage them to keep raising the quality of their coffee all over the world. We call this sourcing philosophy Union Direct Trade - which won The Queen’s Award for Enterprise in 2017.
We work with over 40 producer partners in 14 countries, and bring their speciality coffee into our roastery, where we craft-roast our coffees in small batches. This roasting has won us several awards, most recently Best European Speciality Coffee Roaster in 2018. We’re proud roasters for some of Britain’s finest cafes and restaurants, as well as supplying to retailers to sell to home consumers. Our coffee is also available roasted fresh to order for coffee drinkers at home via our online shop. You can also find us up in our own cafe, Union Brew Lab, in the centre of Edinburgh and in all British Airways First, Club Europe and Club World flights and UK lounges.
We are passionate about high-quality coffee and want to convert the world to the joys of speciality, one cup at a time. We aren’t snobbish. We aren’t faddy. We don’t mind how much or how little our customers know about coffee. We just want to make sure that we give them the tools and the benefit of our years of experience to make the best cup of coffee they could at home. We’re here to help educate everyone about the joys of a great cup of coffee.
Our team of Unionistas consists of around 70 people passionate about coffee, and most of this smiley bunch are based in East London, at our roastery (yes, it does smell like coffee!).
You Will:You will be working with our production, sales and procurement teams to bring together our roasting and packaging plans to make sure we have a co-ordinated and efficient process. You till take the sales forecasts and turn these plans into a demand plan which in turn will be used to formulate a detailed production plan. Working with the production team you will help to plan efficiently in order to maximise our production capacity. You will work with our procurement and Green coffee teams to make sure we have the right packaging materials onsite and available for the production to ensure no out of stock situations.
- Collaborate with sales and marketing to ensure production has all the necessary information to determine an effective supply chain.
- Work with production manager to ensure efficient production plan, maximising operational efficiency and minimising downtime while working with specific turn around times.
- Working with the head of quality to ensure the right green coffee is on site for the various coffees we produce.
- Working with the supply chain co-ordinator to ensure green coffee/decaf and PODS are produced on time and in full.
- To optimise the warehouse stock holding to improve cash flow and to minimise raw material holding and finished goods.
- Support and achieve the goals for operational efficiency and increased productivity.
- Support the work for the implementation of ERP and its ongoing operation.
- Manage ERP demand plans and convert these to production schedules.
- Monitor forecast and production accuracy and other KPI’s as determined by the company looking to drive improvements and efficiencies.
- Analyse current operational processes and performance, recommending solutions for improvement when necessary.
- Develop, implement, and monitor day-to-day operational systems and processes that provide visibility into goals, progress.
- Knowledge of FMCG supply chain operation
- 2- 5 years planning experience dealing with FMGC environments
- Ability to plan and manage operational process for maximum efficiency and productivity
- Expert Excel skills
- Experience using NetSuite Oracle desirable
- An exciting role with the opportunity for growth
- The chance to be an active part of union’s success in spreading the love of speciality coffee
- Coffee training and knowledge
- Great coffee to drink at work – and free coffee to take home!
You’ll be part of our team helping us grow, in the right way – upholding our ethics and values, and having some fun on the way.
We are an equal opportunities employer and believe that diversity is a strength.
If you think you like the sound of this role and fit the description, we’d love to hear from you.
Please email a cover letter explaining why you would be a perfect fit for this role and a CV to email@example.com.