| Job Title
||Trade Marketing Manager (OOH)|
|Reporting To||Head of Wholesale|
|Location||London (E16) / Hybrid Working|
About Union Hand-Roasted Coffee
Hello, we’re Union Hand-Roasted Coffee – a proud B Corp and the UK’s leading speciality coffee roaster. We source high-quality coffee direct from farmers in 14 countries via our pioneering model, Union Direct Trade. We roast all of our coffee on-site at our East London roastery and distribute to cafes, retailers and homes across the UK for coffee lovers to enjoy.
We are focused on quality and sustainability across everything we do. In 2022, we certified as a B Corporation, an extremely exciting step for us. But that’s not all! Our sourcing model won The Queen’s Award for Enterprise in 2017 and 2022, and to date, we’ve had a positive impact on over 65,000 coffee farmers and their families.
We’re proud roasters for some of Britain’s finest cafes and restaurants, as well as supplying to retailers to sell to home consumers. Our coffee is also available roasted fresh to order for coffee drinkers at home via our online shop. You can also find us up in our own cafe, Union Brew Lab, in the centre of Edinburgh.
Our inclusive, diverse team of Unionistas consists of around 70 people – a smiley bunch of people passionate about coffee, mostly based at our East London roastery. Yes, it does smell like coffee!
As a B Corporation, Union places great emphasis on building a people-centric culture. Every Unionista is expected to fully embrace our values and demonstrate these in everything that they do. In doing so we believe that we can build a brighter future for all. These values are:
- Work as one. We value teamwork and respect each other
- Wow them. We want to do the best for our customers
- Keep learning and sharing. We want to continuously strive for excellence and share this with others
- Just brew it. We value entrepreneurial attitude and 'getting things done'
- Enjoy it. We want to spread the joy of coffee
- Do the right thing. For everyone in our Union - from farmers to suppliers to Unionistas in the roastery and our environment
What you will be doing:
The Trade Marketing Manager, Out of Home (TMM) is charged with bringing the Union brand to life across the Out of Home customer base. The TMM is the bridge that connects Brand Marketing, Sales and the Customer, working closely with all three stakeholders to align objectives and resulting initiatives.
The TMM will lead the Union brand activation within Union’s out of home accounts, spanning all touch points for both the customer and consumer. The role will also lead all aspects of events and trade show planning and execution.
The role will support the OOH Account Managers, equipping the Sales team and Union’s customers with the branded tools to drive sales and increase branded visibility.
This role is very much hands-on and given the nature of the job, some non-core hours (i.e evening and weekend work) will be required, for instance, to cover key events.
In addition, the TMM will:
- Work closely with the Heads of Wholesale and Brand Marketing to develop a trade marketing plan to elevate brand awareness and increase sales across the OOH customer base
- Own all activation at unit level within Union’s OOH customer base, specifically focussed on branded visibility in cafes/restaurants/bakeries/workplace
- Work with customers and Brand Marketing to align and execute any dual branded requirements across packaging and in store execution
- Lead on all event planning and execution, including London Coffee Festival and smaller pop-up events with customers
- Manage all event kit to keep it fit for purpose and representative of the Brand
- Maintain the formatting and updating of all price lists and presentational tools, ensuring everything meets the Brand guidelines
- Lead on PR (ad hoc rather than at brand level) in a creative way for the OOH customer base, specifically around key moments/events: Union’s annual Impact Report release, annual awards, sustainability updates and new coffee releases
- Work with the Head of Training to develop and iterate all Training collateral, both digital and physical
- Keep the OOH customer base updated on market trends and key macro news from within the industry
- Work with the Sales and Brand team to maintain and develop Union’s branded visibility across the British Airways and Union Brand Partnership agreement
This role is very much hands on and given its nature, some non-core hours and weekend working will be required (particularly to cover key events).
The successful candidate will have previous experience in FMCG (Trade) marketing. In addition, they will:
- Have experience running events with small and large budgets
- Be a highly competent PowerPoint user
- Be highly organised, with strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Have experience in design, i.e., taking a brief and bringing it to life visually would be a distinct advantage. Plus experience using photoshop and other basic design software is desirable
- Have excellent relationship management skills – the ability to build relationships up, down and across the channel customer base
- Be a confident communicator with strong presentation skills
- Have strong Project Management experience
- Be a self-starter with an entrepreneurial mindset
- Experience in coffee would be preferred, but a passion for high quality, sustainably sourced food and drink is a must
- Great, agile team to work with
- The chance to be an active part of Union’s success in spreading the love of speciality coffee
- Lots of holiday – with 25 days of holiday plus the usual bank holidays
- Generous sick pay – with enhanced sick leave and pay if you need to take time out
- Fantastic support for parents - enhanced family/dependant leave and pay allowances
- Support for your future – access to our workplace pension scheme from day one
- Support with travel – access to our Cycle to Work scheme / Electric Car Scheme
- Free breakfast – and endless great coffee to drink at work
- Staff discounts - and free sample coffees to take home!
- Time to give and support our communities – with paid time off for volunteering
You’ll be part of our team helping us grow, in the right way – upholding our ethics and values and having some fun on the way.
We are an equal opportunities employer and believe that diversity is a strength. We really care about creating a diverse and inclusive team and we welcome people from all backgrounds, with different perspectives, ideas and experiences to work with us. In our team, everyone has the freedom to give their opinion, grow in their career and be part of a genuinely caring and inclusive team.
If you think you like the sound of this role and fit the description, we’d love to hear from you.
If you like the sound of this role and fit the description, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that while we will try to respond to all applications, sometimes the sheer volume of responses means we can only focus on successful applicants. If your application is successful one of the team will be in touch to arrange an initial conversation.