This keeps well in the fridge for a few weeks when bottled. Check out or recommended coffees to use in this recipe at the bottom of the page.
Or if this all sounds like a bit too much like hard work (we don't blame you), then buy our ready made Cold Brew Concentrate here.
ResultA refreshing, naturally sweet alternative to your usual brew.
Good forAn alternative (and on trend) coffee drink for summer
October 16, 2018
How to make it
- 1. Pour the cold water onto the ground coffee in a large jug
- 2. Stir, cover and leave for 18-24 hours in the fridge.
- Chemex - use 50g coffee to 400g water
- 3. Filter out the coffee grounds – first through the sieve, and second time through a filter paper or muslin to remove smaller particles
- 4. Serve over ice and share your #unionoverice
What you'll need
- 120g, coarsely ground coffee (if using our cafetiere grind, reduce seeping time to 12h)
- 1L of cold water (filtered for best results)
- Large jug or jar
- A sieve
- Coffee filter paper or muslin cloth
What coffee to use
You'll need a coffee suitable for filter We would recommend any of our Single Origins or Microlots.
See the bottom of the page for specific suggestions.
MORE COLD BREW RECIPES
Some days you just need something cooling, and cold brew coffee makes the perfect drink served over ice.
Click here to see our full list of over ice recipes made by our team of expert baristas.