FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Need some help with your gift card? Here are some frequently asked questions.
I’ve forgotten to add a gift message to my physical gift card – can I add one?
If your order has not yet been despatched, absolutely (orders usually take 1 working day to leave the roastery). Drop us an email at here and we can add your heartfelt / witty / loving message.
Can I choose a delivery date for my gift card?
If you would like to send a gift card with a future date of despatch, make sure you choose our digital gift card. Set your date and our system will send your recipient an email on the day of your choosing with details of their gift.
N.B If you're ordering a physical gift card, we don't offer a future date for sending. Orders placed before 4pm are prepared and despatched the next working day.
I've changed my mind. Can I cancel my gift card?
We can cancel or refund a digital gift card at any time (provided it has not been used). Please note your recipient will not be informed of the cancellation so you may wish to notify them their code will no longer work
If you ordered a physical gift card and the order has not yet been desptched we can cancel your order. If it's delivered to you and provided you can give us the card number and it hasn't been used we may be able to help still. If however it has been sent to the recipient we are unable to cancel your card.
I've been sent a gift card but I don't know who it's from.
Get in touch with us here and we'll be able to help.
Do I have to spend all the balance of my card in one go?
Not at all! You can use as much, or as little, of the gift card credit as you like and the remaining credit will remain in balance on your card.
If the balance on my card is less than the total of my basket, can I still use it?
Yes. The card acts as a discount on your order. Once the total value is exceeded you can pay the remaining balance via one of our other payment methods (card, paypal, etc.).
How do I know how much money is on my card?
You can check the balance of your card here.
Terms and Conditions of Union Gift Cards
- Union Hand-Roasted Coffee reserves the right to update and change the terms and conditions of the Union Coffee gift cards at any time. This does not affect your legal rights. Use of your Union Coffee gift card constitutes acceptance of our Terms and Conditions. Union Coffee gift cards remain the property of Union Hand-Roasted Coffee who maintains the right to cancel the card in situations where it is deemed necessary to do so.
- The value of your Union Coffee gift card can be redeemed online at www.unionroasted.com only. Please note Union Coffee gift cards cannot be used cannot be used for CoffeeClub (Union Coffee's Subscription Service). The gift card balance cannot be exchanged for cash or redeemed against the purchase of another card.
- The maximum amount that an individual Union gift card can hold is £100; this limit cannot be exceeded by performing balance transfers.
- You can Top-Up your card by calling us on 020 7474 8990. You can perform balance enquiries on the balance check page.
- Your Union gift card is valid until 31/12/2021, after which any remaining balance will be removed and the card will become invalid and no longer available for use.
- In cases where your Union gift card is lost or stolen, Union Coffee is unable to replace or reimburse the remaining balance on a card. Union Coffee cannot be held responsible for any balance lost on a Union Coffee gift card as a result of theft or fraud. All Union Coffee physical gift cards have a unique ID number on the back of the card which is required for all purchases. Union Coffee cannot be held responsible for any unauthorised use where the card number has become known to another party.
- All balances on a Union gift card are in GBP (Sterling).
- Should you return product(s) purchased using a Union Coffee gift card for an exchange of a lesser value, any refund amount due will be credited to the original method of payment.
- If a partial refund is made for any purchase using a Union gift card and another method of payment, then any refund amount owing will be credited to the Union Coffee gift card in the first instance.
- If the total to be refunded is more than originally paid by Union Coffee gift card, then any remaining refund balance will be refunded to the other method of payment used (debit/credit card or cash).
- These conditions are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. You agree, as we do, to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
Lost/ Stolen/ Damaged
Currency of a Union gift card
Crediting a Union gift card
Governing Law and jurisdiction