Honey, it's Cold Outside
Coffee, honey and rum are wonderful when blended together, and we prescribe a shot of this sweet, acidic, fruit and spice combination to shield you from the cold. It's like a big, warm, cosy hug from inside.
ResultRich, luscious and sweet
Good forStaying indoors and getting cosy
How to make it
- 1. Place an espresso cup on your scales and tare off to zero, before adding 5 grams of the mānuka honey.
- 2. Pour a shot of espresso coffee directly onto the honey.
- (for details on how to make an espresso click here)
- 3. Gently stir to blend the honey and espresso together.
- 4. Return the cup to the scales. Tare off to zero, add 5 grams of rum and mix.
- 5. Share your #unioncocktails
What you'll need
- Mānuka honey – 5g
- A fruity Single origin or Microlot coffee – 1 45ml shot
- Your choice of dark rum – 5g
What coffee to use
This recipe works best with a fruit driven coffee or one with a reasonable acidity.
See the bottom of the page for specific suggestions.
MORE COFFEE COCKTAIL RECIPES
Coffee and cocktails, a marriage made in heaven. And the perfect way to wind down after a busy day.
Click here to see our full list of cocktail recipes made by our team of expert barista mixologists.